February 16, 2017

Math Lab Week -- Day 1

Welcome to an exciting week of math labs/stations! This is a first for me.  Conducting 6 different labs all running at the same time. It has been well received by the students, has required much prep work by me, but promises for some authentic work and assessments. I'm sure I will meet some glitches/errors that will require some rethinking, but I believe it is good for students to witness adults problem solve during the day.

My plan is to post work photos daily as the week progresses. Today, I am posting the lab sheets that students have to record conjectures, data, surprising information, and answer questions. Each student is assigned a personal role with descriptor. The roles include: Team Leader, Recorder, Time Keeper, and Materials Manager. Also, all participant have a set of criteria to follow while working in the group. I will meet with each Team Leader at the start of the block for "News Alerts" and at the end of the block for "Brief Updates."  Stayed Tuned!





HOMEWORK:  None